The coronavirus has temporarily closed at least 90% of all giant-screen and IMAX theaters worldwide since the outbreak was declared a pandemic in mid-March. This article will document the effects of the outbreak and the responses to it by the giant-screen world.
- The Effect of Coronavirus on the Giant Screen Business
- Diane Carlson on Preparing to Reopen
- Paul Fraser on the Post-COVID Future of the GS Business
- GSCA’s Film Expo in L.A., March 9-10
- Letter to the Editor, from Jonathan Bird
Update: Nearly 90% of the world’s giant-screen and IMAX theaters are currently closed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
We have posted a new page at LFexaminer.com with links to resources posted by the GS community in response to the Coronavirus.
LF Examiner has learned that Armand Benatar has died of COVID-19.
Benatar was general manager of Paris’ La Géode, the IMAX theater in an iconic steel sphere, from 1987 to 1992.
- Ang Lee on High Frame Rate
- Imax Appeals $1M Penalty
- D3D Demos Gen2 CineDome