Special Report: Giant Screen Films of 2019
As many as 14 new original giant-screen films could open in 2019, which would be the largest total since 2002. Our exclusive report provides details on all of them.
Digital Camera Color Test
by Pawel Achtel, ACS
Australia-based cinematographer and inventor Pawel Achtel provides a primer on the principles of color reproduction in digital cameras and presents the unexpected results of a test of four digital cinema cameras he conducted in cooperation with the Australian Cinematographers Society.
Preview: GSCA Film Expo, Los Angeles, March 11-13
The Giant Screen Cinema Association will hold a Film Expo and Filmmaker Symposium at the AMC CityWalk IMAX Theatre in Universal City, CA, in March.
Preview: IMERSA Summit, Columbus, OH, Feb. 2-5
IMERSA, the association of Immersive Media, Entertainment, Research, Science, and Art, will hold a three-day meeting featuring screenings of nearly 30 fulldome shows, panel discussions, workshops, and presentations on the techniques and technologies for creating and presenting fulldome shows.
- GSCA is offering a free webinar on Jan. 29
- 2018 IMAX box office tops $1 billion
- Science Museum of Minnesota‘s Mike Day to retire in March
- Filmmaker/scientist Maarten Roos to rep BIG & Digital in Europe
- In production: 30 giant-screen films with credits and production updates
- January 2019 bookings: 544 bookings of 87 films in 147 theaters