- Coronavirus Update
- GSCA’s Virtual Conference
- The Story of Kansas’ Cosmosphere
- Three Lawsuits v. Imax Corporation
- LF Examiner to cease publishing
As of mid-August, 87 giant-screen theaters in 15 countries have reopened following extended closures caused by the coronavirus pandemic. This represents about 41% of the worldwide inventory of 213 non-multiplex GS screens.
- GS Theaters are Reopening
- Connolly on Filmmaking During COVID
- Preview: GSCA’s Virtual 2020
- Fifty Years Ago: The First IMAX Film and Theater
At the beginning of June, the vast majority of all cinemas worldwide, giant-screen and conventional, remain closed. We continue our coverage of the effect of the pandemic on the GS world.
- Museums and Theaters Prepare to Reopen
- Handling 3D Glasses in the Post-Pandemic World, by Paul Fraser
- Remembering a Pivotal Year for the GS Industry, by Emlyn Koster
The coronavirus has temporarily closed at least 90% of all giant-screen and IMAX theaters worldwide since the outbreak was declared a pandemic in mid-March. This article will document the effects of the outbreak and the responses to it by the giant-screen world.