Museums and Theaters Prepare to Reopen
At the beginning of June, as the general lockdown caused by the coronavirus enters its sixth month in the Eastern Hemisphere and third month in the Western, the vast majority of all cinemas worldwide, giant-screen and conventional, remain closed. Our exclusive coverage of the crisis continues.
Read the full article here.
Handling 3D Glasses in the Post-Pandemic World
Paul Fraser, principal of Blaze Cineworks, looks at how effective existing and new technologies are at disinfecting 3D glasses and the new procedures theaters will have to consider to reassure visitors in the post-COVID world.
Remembering 2005, a Pivotal Year for the GS Industry
Emlyn Koster recounts a key moment in the history of giant-screen world as the Giant Screen Theater Association faced a crisis, unified with the Large Format Cinema Association, and became the Giant Screen Cinema Association.
The Biz: Headlines
- Giant Screen Cinema Association cancels September conference in Chicago, plans virtual meeting
- Imax Corporation posts Q1 financial results
- Science Center of Iowa sues insurer over IMAX theater repairs
- Themed Entertainment Association sets 2021 meeting for April
- Thom Benson named VP by Tennessee Aquarium
- Sony Pictures Entertainment to release hundreds of titles in IMAX Enhanced home video format
In Production: 25 giant-screen films with credits and production updates.
And much more!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.