Director Ang Lee and Will Smith on the set of Gemini Man.
Exclusive Interviews: Ang Lee and Ben Gervais on High Frame Rate in Features and Documentaries
Oscar-winning director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain, Life of Pi) and technical supervisor Ben Gervais discuss what they have learned about High Frame Rate (HFR) from shooting two feature films in 4K 3D at 120 fps, and the implications of the format for GS documentary makers.
Gervais and stereographer Demitri Portelli will speak about and demonstrate HFR in the Innovations Session at the GSCA‘s Film Expo in Los Angeles, March 9-10. For more information click here.
Imax Corporation Appeals $1M Penalty
In the latest move in a complex six-year legal battle, Imax Corporation is asking an appeals court to overturn an award of nearly $1 million for legal fees and court costs it has been ordered to pay Giencourt Investments, S.A., a developer of IMAX theaters in South America.
D3D Cinema Demonstrates Gen2 CineDome in Mobile, AL
In January, D3D Cinema invited representatives of several GS theaters to the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center in Mobile, AL, to see the second-generation, three-projector CineDome system it installed in the center’s 59-foot dome theater in November.
The Biz: Headlines
- Imax Corp. reports $47M profit in FY 2019
- GSCA and IMERSA to join June IPS 2020 conference in Edmonton
- Private equity firm to acquire Evans & Sutherland
- BIG & Digital to distribute Prospero‘s Whale Super Highway to domes
- December Media suspending most distribution operations
- In Saturn’s Rings seeks help with computer rendering for 8K master
- Ben Shedd named professor at Linköping University in Sweden
- George MacDonald, Canadian museum director, dies at 81.
- In Production: 23 giant-screen films with credits and production updates
- March 2020 bookings: 697 bookings of 87 films in 168 theaters
And much more!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.